2 weeks away! It’s almost time for the 2021 NFL Draft and with the recent quarterback movement and free agent pickups, the rumors are flying. Check out my 1st round predictions, with 2 trades thrown in there.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
- New York Jets: QB Zach Wilson, BYU
- San Francisco 49ers: QB Mac Jones, Alabama
- Miami Dolphins: TE Kyle Pitts, Florida*
- Cincinnati Bengals: WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
- Atlanta Falcons: QB Trey Lance, North Dakota State
- Detroit Lions: OT Penei Sewell, Oregon
- New England Patriots: QB Justin Fields, Ohio State*
- Denver Broncos: LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
- Dallas Cowboys: CB Patrick Surtain, Alabama
- New York Giants: WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles: WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama
- Los Angeles Chargers: OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
- Minnesota Vikings: Edge Kwity Paye, Michigan
- Carolina Panthers: CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
- Arizona Cardinals: CB Jaycee Horn, South Carolina
- Las Vegas Raiders: OL Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC
- Miami Dolphins: Edge Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
- Washington Football Team: OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
- Chicago Bears: OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State
- Indianapolis Colts: Edge Jaelan Phillips, Miami
- Tennessee Titans: CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern
- New York Jets: WR Elijah Moore, Ole Miss
- Pittsburgh Steelers: OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
- Jacksonville Jaguars: S Trevon Moehrig, TCU
- Cleveland Browns: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
- Baltimore Ravens: WR Terrace Marshall Jr, LSU
- New Orleans Saints: WR Kadarius Toney, Florida
- Green Bay Packers: DL Christian Barmore, Alabama
- Buffalo Bills: Edge Gregory Rousseau, Miami
- Kansas City Chiefs: OT Jaylen Mayfield, Michigan
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Edge Jayson Oweh, Penn State
Miami trades pick 6 and 50 to Atlanta for pick 4.
New England trades pick 15, a 2022 1st rounder, and pick 120 to Carolina for pick 8.
The draft starts at 4
The Jaguars are going to take Trevor Lawrence at 1, and the Jets will take Zach Wilson at 2. That is set in stone. As for the 3rd pick, despite the uproar from the draft community, it’s going to be Mac Jones. All these media outlets are not lying to you to get clicks, they are hearing it will be him. I think it should be Trey Lance or Justin Fields, but on draft night it will be Mac. Now at 4, this is where things get interesting. Will the Falcons take Pitts, arguably the best non-QB in this draft? Will they trade down as I have them doing? Or will they take a quarterback? No one seems to know the answer here. For this mock, I have Miami trading a 2nd rounder to Atlanta so they can move up 2 spots and secure Pitts, allowing Atlanta to take Lance 2 picks later and pick up an extra top 50 pick in the meantime. A win-win for both teams.
Cincy doesn’t have to take a tackle at 5
All year long we have heard about how the Bengals will be targeting an offensive linemen with their top pick so they can protect Joe Burrow, and Penei Sewell has been the popular name. Well, new reports state that Burrow is pushing for his old receiver Chase instead. Fans will find this insane, but this is a great move. Linemen will certainly help protect a quarterback, but so will having more weapons around him so he can get the ball out quicker. Chase is the best wide out to come out in years, and would give Burrow an elite receiver to go with emerging star Tee Higgins and the very reliable Tyler Boyd. And for the fans screaming what about the offensive line, this draft has a ton of talent at the position. Cincy picks high in round 2 and could easily have Chase and a guy like Texas’s Samuel Cosmi before round 3. That is a haul in my book.
The Patriots are going to make me the happiest man in the world, I just know it
The moment all New England fans have been waiting for, the trade breakdown. Justin Fields stock is slipping (nonsense in my opinion), and right now it seems he will be the 5th QB off the board. With Carolina having just picked up Sam Darnold from the Jets, and not quite being a team ready to make a Super Bowl run, they are in a good position to trade down with a team looking for a quarterback. New England will need to give up a lot, and honestly 2 1st rounders and pick 120 may not be enough, but anything is worth it when you can get a talent like Fields, who can sit and develop behind Cam Newton before he is ready to take over the starting job. For Carolina, they get a steal at 15 in Caleb Farley, who if not for some medical concerns would likely be the top corner in this class.
Image: (Getty Images)
Trending This Week:
January 25, 2023Another part of the dismantling of the Red Sox core that can’t be overlooked is the role of the David...
January 27, 2023The Boston Celtics' 50th game of the season came and went in a 120-117 overtime loss against the New York...
January 28, 2023The Red Sox made yet another addition to their roster on January 24th. They sent lefty reliever Josh Taylor to...